HIGHLIGHTS OF FOCUS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 30 years experience in project and organisation management and coordination, 11 years at the Executive Director level
- Over 27 years experience as an Organiser
- Over 35 years as an active and committed community member – working and volunteering with community groups
- Knowledge of Social Justice, Gender, Environment, Social and Economic Development, Community Development, Human Rights – with a particular experience with Women’s, People of Colour and Student’s and Workers’ Rights.
- 27 years experience as a Facilitator
- Fluent in English and French and conversant in Swahili
- An interactive and professional team member with excellent people skills
- 7 Years experience doing organisational / programme assessment and evaluation
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND SKILLS HIGHLIGHTS
◦ Organisation and Program management ◦ Excellent organisational skills ◦ Many years experience managing budgets ◦ Superb written and oral communication skills ◦ Team Building ◦ Highly developed problem-solving skills ◦ Program Development and Evaluation ◦ Strong research skills ◦ Fundraising and Funder Relations ◦ Excellent facilitation skills ◦ Relationship Building ◦ Well practised in working under stress and meeting deadlines ◦ Collaboration.
OTHER IMPORTANT SKILLS
I am fully bilingual in both French and English (written, spoken and reading) and conversant in Swahili. I have a very wide range of knowledge of computers and computer programmes and I am comfortable working in both a PC and MAC environment with programmes such as Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign. I love a challenge, I like working with people in a team and I work well unsupervised. I love people and I love to laugh.